I Had a Dream | Teen Ink

I Had a Dream

By kayleigh.marie BRONZE, Kentwood, Louisiana
kayleigh.marie BRONZE, Kentwood, Louisiana

I had a dream I had a voice yet I was not allowed to speak I had freedom but even that was controlled by its own hidden boundaries I had a religion but my beliefs were overlooked and misjudged I was a person of many races but evryone decided to label me as just one race everyone was considered beautiful but we still limited ourselves to society's verion of beauty when we learn about our history a little more of it is taken away from us they let us protect ourselves but that is also controlled friendships will grow unless your budget doesn't we communicate through technology face to face but the words are empty our faces a reflection of everyone else's reflection the world beyond our closed windows and doors is ruled with chaos but we disract ourselves with our own silence i had a dream about these things but society turned it into reality.

yes I know, when I wrote this I was actually in a rush. but I did revise it this year, it's been a while since I've been on here, and I'm hoping to post more often! There's are still some obvious errors that I overlooked ( a bit of a flaw of mine) but I hope you like the slightly revised version of it. Hope you enjoy and thank you :)(sorry for the extremely late reply)

Zach_M BRONZE said...
Zach_M BRONZE, Andersonville, Tennessee
I like the idea of this poem, but I did spot a couple of grammatical errors, and im sure you already spotted them as well, but I did enjoy this. To make this poem amazing, you should have applied some analogies, metaphors, etc.. stuff that really made your poem burst out with "flavor." You have a great view, but this would be wonderful if you rewrote it using more a vibrant vocabulary. Good work :)

thank you 

benedict-frickfrack BRONZE, São Paulo, Other

"I think hell is something you carry around with you. Not somewhere you go."-Neil Gaiman

I loved this poem,for real.I keep hearing that quote over and over in my head,like it's some unsettling true that I wish I had thought about before.Just check for spell errors.This is the quote,btw:  " I had a dream about these things but society turned it into reality"

what i meant by me having a dream was thinking about what if our sciety was really like this. and in the end of the poem its realized that its not a dream anymore.. but real life. i hope this helps 

thank you!

Zephyfu SILVER said...
Zephyfu SILVER, Melbourne, Florida

Mad Ones "and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

i didnt really understand what you were trying to say in your poem. the side note said that this is how you see society. but the poem says your dreaming... sorry im really simple-minded :P

AJellicleCat SILVER, Stuart, Florida
Beautiful. How many o us see this world of ours nowadays