Desolate and Alone | Teen Ink

Desolate and Alone

By LavanderMayday SILVER, Oroville, California
LavanderMayday SILVER, Oroville, California

"Writers aren't exactly one person, they're a whole bunch of people trying to be one person"

My thoughts are in a dreary wasteland of distortion and despair. They wander for hours. Lost. Scared. Their throats are dry and quenched with thirst for something, anything to grab a hold of. Their only possession is the sand ground beneath nails. Who would have known they'd stray this far, to a desolate place of horror and anguish? Where a soul is rarely seen, yet shadows are cast in their path then quickly vanish. How do they survive this way? Barely hanging on like this. I want them to collapse and drown themselves. They're mine, yet out of control. They sap my energy and will, only to be used in this trudge through darkness. Sleep is the only comfort I find, Thoughts can relax and let me be. Then I awake and am forced to drone of again-dragging me along. Thoughts are blinded dragging me to a place that can only be worse.

oh, thank you @Amai-kun ...i agree. this stuff is my old poetry, and looking back on it, i see how many flaws there really are. but thanks, personally I like Mystical, but it's all right, Mystical is not for everyone, and you're correct i could be less. so thank you very much for your comment and honest opinion! :)

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I think that you could be less mystical, for lack of a better word. Don't embellish yourself- let your words speak for themselves. It becomes almost a short story rather than a poem.

Ok...this makes since, I like your ideas. It's nice to have somebody like you who can say what I could improve on too, instead of just saying "this is good" or something vague like that. But thanks again. :)

PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Teese

Very well-written. You've used great word-choice and the ideas you have expressed are quite interesting to ponder. I like the haunted mood you create.   If there was anything you could improve upon I'd say that some of your lines are a bit literate. Usually poetry is very cryptic and has many more deeper meanings than what it first seems. Your ideas are great but are some are said a bit to straight forward and even if they are only hinting, what it means is more obvious (trust me, I do it all the time and just can't nail the whole, cryptic/double meanings/etc. without making it not make sense.)   Otherwise, keep up the great work! I'd love to read more of your writing. ;)