I am Women | Teen Ink

I am Women

August 22, 2014
By Lalupu PLATINUM, Springfield, Illinois
Lalupu PLATINUM, Springfield, Illinois
21 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Scars just mean you were stronger than whatever tried to kill you."










---Author Unknown


I was with my love in the beginning of everything; as time stood still and the world began anew. I am the sound of a scream as a child draws its first breath, The sound of a maiden's laughter as she dances wild and free, And the brush of air between two lovers' lips as they lay with each other beneath the moonlight. I am in the sound of every mother's screams as she pushes her child into the world, In the glistening tears on every bride's face as her wedding bells toll; I am light and darkness, Birth and death, Everything and nothing; I am in every tear, Every laugh, Every cry of joy and scream of sorrow. I have watched as my children destroyed themselves; thus destroying me. I have watched as the first Christ was born and was with him as he died. I was there in the beginning, and so shall be there in the end. I was great once, and so shall be great again. I am women.  


The author's comments:

 Maiden, Mother, Crone...I think that it's time she has her due.