Typical | Teen Ink

Typical

By daisy11 GOLD, New City, New York
daisy11 GOLD, New City, New York

Telling myself, I am not capable of the expectancies life has to offer at my age; making myself believe that I am not better than anyone else and therefore putting myself in a hole I so call my house where I cannot be dispatched to the outside world for I tell myself that I bring no change or affect to anyone or anything. I guess sitting here writing this can easily make clear to myself that I am in fact, depressed, you can say. In most cases you can say this is exactly what depression is, but the way I look at it is, this is me trying to express myself in a way I seem to not yet be able to understand. I question the existence of depression everyday upon myself but there's always one factor that is brought to my attention that makes it evident that I am in fact not. And what that factor is you might ask? It's hope, the hope that pushes me to fully declare my uniqueness among the rest. The hope that one day recognition is the complete opposite of inevitable, on that day I can and will happily say that I have found myself. Whether how importantly or not one looks upon it but, isn't that one of all of our goals?

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Keep going my friend, Hope will always be there for you when you need it! ^_^ I really liked this article because 1) It talked directly to me in a way that was very emotional, yet not overbearing (which is hard for me to do btw, so AWESOME job ;) )And 2) The message is excellent, and the theory behind the words is more than just a meager thought :) Keep up the fantastic work! ;)