My cold companion | Teen Ink

My cold companion

By ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland
ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

The hot ice of the autumn air burns my throat & waters my eyes
Though I smile lovingly as I greet my cold companion
Its stained glass leaves caress me as the sun lazily illuminates the autumn trees & the dried grass
I hold my cold companion dear, an embrace both warm & freezing,
For an old friend, whom I miss, when the summer sun persists, or when the snow locks me in my abode
Or when cherry blossoms try to win me, I will always sigh for fall. A time held quite dear to me.
The smell of spice the taste of cider
There not a winter that shines brighter
Nor a summer that can bare a breeze much cooler
Autumn winds, like icy tulips

This is a seasonal tradition since last year to honor my favorite season with a beautiful poem describing my adoration for autumn, now my poem is not to say I’m obsessed with it, things just seem more extreme in writing per say…

-Ansem_Unlimited

it makes me really happy to see people enjoy my writing! thankyou!

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Not, as you suggested in your comments, an obsesssion, but a love affair! The words you chose are romantic and warming, even as you speak of the weather growing colder. I found I had to read it a couple times, I really wanted to take the beautiful imagery you used in! I loved how you called the greeting 'warm and freezing', because you're met with the cold but embraced by the familiarity. Probably my fav part! Write on!