radiant skies | Teen Ink

radiant skies

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Oh, pssh posh my applesauce. i think last night there was a meteor shower, and I stayed outside for an hour and more with my best friend AND I saw 9 shooting stars. And there's supposedly maybe to be another one tonight! XD

~ ~ ~ 

you shine bright
when it is dark;
brighter than the city lights
that try to compete with you;
your light either being
a red light
like fire trapped within
or rainbow rays
shining with invisible rain
or just a light
following darkness.

you leave a trail,
a trail of star dust,
fairy dust, your dust;
as you nebulae
and dwarf planets
and suns and galaxies
gather together
and make shadows
dance across night
and leave
white paths of light
and bring clouds of stars.

as shooting stars
grant you wishes,
whispering you warnings
to keep your wishes secrets
or faeries
might steal it;
while they, those tumbling
liquid diamonds
fall for us
from their radiant skies.

I. See. Shooting. Stars. I see stars! :D

@Beila , I would be very honored and very glad to do so. :) Also, haha. Thank you for warning that I may want a tissue because I cry very easily too. Being sentimental is part of who I am, so I thank you again. :) Also, you're welcome, but I was just doing what I always do and what I'm sure someone else would do. Thank you. :)

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

No worries! It's not late at all. :) Right back at you, *you* are a wonderful person, and in that same line of thought, *I* would be so honored if you had a few minutes to take a look at my piece, "In Memory," when you have a chance and leave your thoughts in a comment! :) By the way, I am so glad I'm not the only sentimental, cries easily girl here. :P I tear up at anything done and said with a lot of love... and if you're like that, you may want a tissue for "In Memory"! It was written through a pretty heavy veil of tears. I hope you love it, and thanks for the beautiful comments! :)

Oh! I also want to offer my apologies for reply back late. I apologize. :(

Aw, haha. I'll be honest, your comment made me cry and means a lot to me. Thank you so much for the encouragement, @Beila. You're a wonderful person, and I am honored that you've encouraged me and commented on my poem and told me that you love it. I'm glad that you love it. :) Thank you so much, again, Beila! :)

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

I love this piece. Some of the phrases you've used, like "shining with invisible rain" and "those tumbling/ liquid diamonds," are beautiful, priceless imagery. Since I read the comment below, I'll second Ray--yo and say, I am so impressed with the love and support you spread on Teen Ink. I actually clicked your name because I read a few of your comments of compassionate concern for other authors and thought, "This girl I have to meet, at least through her writing." :) Keep spreading that love!

Aw, thanks. That means a lot to me. I sincerely thank you. I promise I won't stop writing. Thank you, again. :)

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

I love how simple and joyful it is, wonderful job! I've seen you spreading positive comments and messages all over teen ink, and let me tell you that you, my friend, are amazing too. Never stop writing, as you say yourself. Amazing job.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your comment made my day. Thank you so much for commenting and for liking my poem. Thank you. :)

DanielRadcilffeFan18 SILVER, Marion, North Carolina

I'm not clumsy, I'm just accident prone.- Daniel Radcliffe

I love all the metaphors in this. Metaphors are one of my favorites when it comes to figurative language.

Aw, thank you. This is one of the few poems of mine that I'm comfortable and love, haha. Thank you for your kind words and for encouraging me and for commenting, my friend. It means a lot. Thank you! Also, Merry Christmas. :)

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Ooh, I love this. From the very first words, you had me: "You shine bright/ when it is dark;/ brighter than the city lights/ that try to compete with you..." It's just brilliantly constructed. The last part, though, has to be my favorite: "While they, those tumbling/ liquid diamonds/ fall for us/ from their radiant skies." The imagery in those few words is phenomenal. Your writing style is amazing; so eloquent yet relatable all at the same time. Please, keep up the great work! (I know you will) :)

Thank you so much, Scarlett. Thank you for encouraging me and commenting on my poem and for making me me smile. Thank you, again! :)

You're welcome! But I should be thanking you. So, thank you. :) Haha, I made that up "pssh, posh my applesauce" on the spur of the moment, haha. XD Thank you so much for encouraging me and commenting on my poem. I promise, I will keep writing. Thank you, again! :)

Aw, thank you. This is one of my favorites, haha. Thank you so much for encouraging me and commenting on my poem, my friend. :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I love the vibrancy you put into this poem! I could feel your exaltation, and see the amazing stars. I can see your bright smile, matching the glimmer of the radiant skies. :) Nice work Emily!!!

Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio

"When you need something to believe in, believe in yourself."
"A poem unwritten is only a thought; unshared, unsaid..."

I love this poem!! Such imagery...gosh it's beautiful! :D I also love the very first line, "Oh, pssh posh my applesauce," because I think it sets the entire mood of your poem...a light-hearted uniqueness!! :) wonderful work! Thanks for posting, and please keep writing :)

ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

This is amazing!