I Write | Teen Ink

I Write

By Barnowl14 BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
Barnowl14 BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook"- Julia Child

I write.

I write because I can take control of the story I can choose who lives and who dies who falls in love, who cries I can choose what happens when and who marries whom.

I write.

I write because even for an hour or two I can forgot my problems the stress falls away, fading into the background Even for the briefest of times all I have to worry about is if I'm using the right verb or if I should make character one fall in love with character two

I write.

I write because of my characters they whisper in my ear, telling me their stories, their hopes, their dreams I cry when I kill them off, I grin when they're happy they become as close as friends, as dear as family even if they only exist in my head

I write.

I write because I can tell any story, make any point I could tell the story of a girl in New York or the story of a lost dog I can create any world, make up any language, even travel through the stars When I write, everything is possible, within reach, due to only a few taps of keys

I write.

I write because I can't not write. I write because I have so many stories in my head, begging to be told I write because, even if for a while, I can create a dream world I write because

I'm a writer.

And it's a simple as that.