Seasons | Teen Ink

Seasons

By PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey
PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Teese

I long for silent winter nights when crisp sheets of snow fold over the mosaic landscape and dust my windows
I don’t hear the mournful howling of the wind or crackling of flames dancing in the fireplace anymore
I miss seeing that glint in your eyes

I’d do anything for the green, auspicious springs when rain patters down on emerald leaves and rainbow evanescence
I don’t see the bright delicate flowers popping up in the garden in the midst of cheery, chattery birds anymore
I miss hearing your velvety voice

I desperately yearn for more long summers days with the rhythmic roll of crashing waves and golden ocean sunsets dominating the sky
I don’t hear the choir of crickets singing to the night fll with sparkling stars and flashing fireflies anymore
I miss seeing your smile

I’d give up anything for the serene autumn walks by the creek where clear water trickles over rocks and everything is painted in warmth
I don’t see the harvest moon creeping over the horizon or the rustling leaves that ride the chilly breeze anymore
I miss hearing your hearty laugh
That told me everything would be okay