My Soul | Teen Ink

My Soul

By Amara-rose GOLD, Pendleton, Indiana
Amara-rose GOLD, Pendleton, Indiana

Let go and live.

I close my eyes,
To keep my soul from shining through.
Try to disguise,
The brokenness that lies inside.
The dust is settling now,
What’s left is all that remains
A tattered me, a broken past.
A girl who just wants to be set free.
That is who I am.

guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wow your language is so vivid and heart-wrenching at the same time! This is amazing, great job! ;)

Amara-rose GOLD, Pendleton, Indiana

Let go and live.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. If you liked this so much I just submitted a extended version I wrote as song lyrics. I'd be honored if you would check it out when it is approved. Thanks so much for all your encouragement and lovely comments on this and my other pecies. People like you are why I love to write and share my work. Keep on being awesome.

BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson

Wow... O.o I've never actually read a poem on here that actually made me cry. I don't know what exactly about it made me cry, I just know this really touched me... Thank you for submitting such an extraordinary poem to Teen Ink for the world to read. :)

ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

XD someone needs a vacay and some eye candy lol. but on another note, this is a magnificent poem, short, sweet, to the point lol

MorganRF PLATINUM, Bellevue, Nebraska

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

This is amazing! I can totally relate; this is how I felt for a while. Keep it up!