I've Been Taught | Teen Ink

I've Been Taught

By Pay15 GOLD, Boise, Idaho
Pay15 GOLD, Boise, Idaho

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

- The Fault in our Stars

My mama taught me that I can fit the world in the palm of my hand and that wings are unnecessary for flight. Your hands, she shows, are not your own, they are for others. Soft hands are not dainty, but a disgrace to this world that I can fit in the palm of my hand. Dreams are for following and the moon is just too close. With all those stars that are out there, why would you try for the moon? Yet, she loves to the moon and back. Differences are not to be resolved but simply put, accepted. Who are you to judge someone when it’s a possibility you are the one who is wrong? Her thoughts, my thoughts might always crash, but so does the ocean and it’s still going. People are all puzzles missing pieces here and there, but our own pieces won’t always fit into their. I can’t fix everything. Even if I want to so bad it hurts.
I don’t have to fix everything.
Failure is beautiful, if I’ll just fail right. It’s just the world telling me this is not the correct path to take, start again, figure out what path will be best. To discover that incredible potential that she states I possess. Confidence and arrogance do not go hand in hand. But the lines between are often blurred by those who misunderstand. Misunderstanding are what break the world apart. They will always win, don’t try to fight them, just use your words and eyes. She’s taught me well, she believes in me, she deserves everything. I feel her love------------------ All the way to the moon and back.