I Only Ever | Teen Ink

I Only Ever

November 16, 2015
By A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
86 articles 11 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

"A shadow is the most loyal friend."
-Amanda Marcus


I only ever wanted to love you.  I wanted to love you the way you deserved.  I wanted to tell you that you had someone to lean on and to love back.  You told me no, that I could never love you.


The thing is, Adam, I loved you then, I love you now, and I will always love you.  You took my heart with you over that cliff.  You jumped off and made sure nobody could love you…  Or so you thought.  You went over the edge with the soundtrack of my shrieks and Eve’s frantic calls.


You thought that if you were gone, my love would stop, but you were wrong!  I love you Adam, as much as any Eve would!  I loved the way you smiled and the way you spoke.  I loved the way you fought: mentally, physically, verbally.  I loved you!  I love you!  Forever and a day!


So, you know, I only ever wanted to love you.  What you didn’t realize was that I got what I wanted.  I didn’t force it.  I love you.  I love you.  I love you!  You dying didn’t make any difference!  You jumped…  I followed.