The ballerina | Teen Ink

The ballerina

By baythebae GOLD, Lincoln, Nebraska
baythebae GOLD, Lincoln, Nebraska

"I came, I saw, I conquered." -Julius Caesar

Slowly, beautifully, sharply, perfectly,
The ballerina glides through the air, like a sharp sword slicing the air.
She lands softly, like she is landing on a cloud.
Tiptoe, tiptoe, she strides towards the center of the stage, looking for a place for her mind to race to the next step.

Like a flower she grows into each step, leaping, jumping.
A man walks onto the stage, taking her by the hand, leading her around as if she was a dog on a leash.
They both looked defiantly into each others eyes, between the closing gap of the curtains, and their lost of breath, she went up by the waist into the air becoming something she had always dreamed of becoming...
A swan.

She dreamed of gliding, and flying through the air;
gracefully, she took a deep breath of the new atmosphere she was now surrounded in.
Oh how she wished she could be embraced in this atmosphere forever, being able to glide through air as if it were water.

The man placed her on the ground, soft like putting a newborn child into a crib.
Not over the feeling she looked at him as if she demanded to be up in the air again.
As the curtains closed she fell on her knees, as the crowd roared from the other side.

She couldn't think about the crowd all she could think about is how she had for only just a moment, became a swan swimming in the air as if she thought she really was one of them.
The man looking at her from a distance, sweating with pride in his soul.

But in his heart all it did was break, for the ballerina only wanted to become a beautiful song.
He touched her shoulder, as she looked up with tear glazing her eyes;
he lifted her high.
The ballerina smiled with excitement, as she danced in the air like in her dreams.
And like a swan she found her soulmate.

To people who find the people who helped you with your dreams