It's Love. | Teen Ink

It's Love.

November 12, 2015
By brookehime99 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
brookehime99 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

It’s feeling like your heart can explode at any moment.
It’s missing that person even when they are still there.
It’s always feeling as though one touch from them can set your entire body: skin, organs, bones, and all, on fire and not even the greatest firemen can cause this fire to burn out.
It’s that person.
That person who causes flowers to grow in your lungs and my God they are gorgeous, but I can not breathe!
It’s sailing on a beautiful ocean in the middle of a beautiful storm.
It’s running.
It’s running and there is no finish line, you just keep running.
You cannot stop running.
It’s fearing that your neighbors will call the cops due to your banging on the walls but little do they know it is just the banging of my heart pounding against my rib cage.
I keep finding my lungs screaming “I love you!” as they search for at least one more molecule of oxygen.
I keep finding my fingerprints wandering the call button on your contact name even though it is 2 am and I know you are asleep.
It’s daydreaming about their lips, the clashing of teeth, the smell of their skin, the imprints of their finger prints against your dusty old heart.
It’s laughing and crying at the same time.
It’s nothing the hopeless romance comedies warned you about.
It’s love.
Hard, stone-cold, easy-breezy-beautiful, love.


The author's comments:

My favorite person inspired me to write this.