We are all afraid | Teen Ink

We are all afraid

January 21, 2016
By Ravenclaw.Pride.316 GOLD, Sherman Oaks, California
Ravenclaw.Pride.316 GOLD, Sherman Oaks, California
11 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Hell is empty, and all the devils are here -William Shakespeare


What does life mean, why are we here, what difference do we have on the world. There are so many bad and good people on this earth. But what makes them special. Death, it's familiar yet strange. Why are we so afraid of the unknown, the darkness, the light. This human race is so afraid it's embarrassing. I too am afraid of the darkness, the unknown, the light. We live our lives not knowing what comes next. We live in a world with so many creative people, but the most creative minds are the shyest, the most depressed, the saddest. So many people are afraid to let who they really are show, people have so many ideas, but they are to scared to show them. we surround ourselves with material things, jewels, cars, houses, But none of that matters once we die. Art, Music, Doing the right thing can lead you to being remembered.  All those things do are brag. People are so scared to do the right thing. People are afraid on how they would be judged, People are afraid of change. People are afraid to be who they are, and it's so sad to think people will die never showing the true them. That's why we should let the real us shine through that dull, boring, gray shell we all hide in. We need to figure out what life means for ourselves.


The author's comments:

I hope people will take away from this poem that people need to be themselves and stand up for what they believe.