From Today to Tomorrow | Teen Ink

From Today to Tomorrow

By ObsidianCity SILVER, Berlin, Ohio
ObsidianCity SILVER, Berlin, Ohio

With streaming light in our footsteps, and our heads in the clouds. Our lips drip with sweet music, and elegance pours from our hearts. Our thoughts seek for truth and the unknown. To solve situations, to bring out the secrets from under every shining or dull stone. We reach past the stars, to places. The places where we can't see, but dream for deeply. So deeply we can feel the want and need in our fingertips as we stretch our hands to the heavens. We let our minds free from their cages of every day life and see them soar from the boundaries of our present lives to the unforeseen future. Yet alas, we all must leave our wonderland, but we never truly go. Our minds are soaring from today to tomorrow as we spread a piece of ourselves out into the world. The music of our minds, and the dreams of our masterpiece.

My Poetry Club leader gave us a prompt for a poem based on a quote from any person or character in a book, movie, or real life. I chose the quote said by Willy Wonka from the book and movie 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."