Five Rambunctious Kids | Teen Ink

Five Rambunctious Kids

May 27, 2016
By cjt06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
cjt06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They are the ones who always surround me. I’m the one who’s always around them. Five rambunctious kids with free minds and endless dreams like mine. Five who do not belong here but are here. Five whiz kids trapped by the world around them. From the street, they can hear us, but the neighbors just drive by and don’t watch the magic grow.

Their wisdom is hidden. They show bright minds beneath their faces. They fight and they learn on and snatch what knowledge they want from the world and dissect it for everything its worth and never quit their escapade. This is how they live.

Let one forget his reason for being, they’d all crash like deteriorating planes, each with their wings slashing through the others. Live, live, live they say when I think. They know.
When I am too low and too gloomy to keep dreaming, when I am a prisoner in a time out, then it is I look at the kids. When there is nothing left to look at in this house. Five who thrived despite the doubt. Five who strive and do not forget to strive. Five whose only reason is to defy the demise and make it out alive.