Stars | Teen Ink

Stars

October 15, 2016
By Ivieb BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
Ivieb BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is more important then knowledge"
- Albert Einstein


Almost unconsciously, my eyes twinkled along to the sweet and most gracious patterns created by the stars above me. Flickering with life and shuddering by the intrusion of their unseen guests. I wondered, why the stars shook as though a soft breeze was attempting to perish their almost surreal blaze, when presently here no air expanded beyond our horizon. I wondered how the sable skies enveloped the surrounding trees and how the stars light descended apon the trees, illuminating their distinct shapes. Before I could grasp the caressing reality of the stars above, I realized I was still standing, in the cold night air, undisturbed by the many interruptions that day would bring. Being alone had never felt so innocent, and had never made me feel so strong. Alone these stars stood, for decades without question. Yet they continued to burn long and bright. I wished to be a star this night. Happily finding a dry spot to rest, I sat and dazed into an utterly compelling dream of quiet melody and bright inviting stars, filling an empty and once very lonely night sky.


The author's comments:

I personally, understand how it feels to look up at the night sky; being completely alone and without the comfort of those I loved, and feeling an overwhelming sense of joy. I always loved the idea of stars and how no matter where we are, we could look up and be in the same place at once, no matter how far apart we were. I regained some hope in myself because of those stars and I wrote this piece, in hopes to inspire others who feel or have felt that way.