The Fruit of Man | Teen Ink

The Fruit of Man

September 16, 2017
By GigieSkye SILVER, San Clemente, California
GigieSkye SILVER, San Clemente, California
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings." -Always Believe In Yourself


Can one not be one's self?

Of course not!
For man is not worthy of much good...
O, how sin conquers us all!
Are we forever trapped with the fruitless harvest of winter, of failure and of hatred?
Will one of us ever be righteous, as kind and as just as He is?

No, never- and if that is so, how can one be decent or acceptable?
O, how strong the devil's claws are as he grasps our will and desires in a helpless, demonic bundle of sin!
The struggles of modern life simply is not of the same to those in the days of of Jerusalem!
When man truly wakes up, and opens his eyes, great rays of light shall shine upon his puzzled consciousness and show him truth...

And for those who have already gained the knowings of the Tree of Knowledge, they will have the holy pleasure of year-round summer, enjoying plentiful, bountiful feasts of the fruit of joy and peace.
For it will be the ancient Garden of Eden with the Tree of Life, with God wandering its domain, watching over his precious children.

But for those who bow down to the saurian beast of "the number", they will breathe the poison, ash, and embers in the trenches of the underworld, forever forgotten and eternally burning crisp by crisp, worse than the wrath of Earth's sinners...


The author's comments:

As we all know, many countries are struggling and the corruption of humanity seems to be growing day by day. I wanted to illustrate that in a poem, and to emphasize the effects of such corruption and evil.