Let Me Pretend | Teen Ink

Let Me Pretend

December 5, 2017
By ShysLiberty BRONZE, Fort Madison, Iowa
ShysLiberty BRONZE, Fort Madison, Iowa
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.


Through the years many adults have preached to me the same message.

That message being: "Life is short."

They tell me, be a kid while you are young.

Because they assume the moment I turn eighteen my life will turn me into a miserable person.

But I'm wise enough to understand that life is long enough to live a little.

And I want to spend my time living my life, with you.

Because you look at me with a sensational gimmer that invades your eyes.

And you set fires within my soul that ignite with passion and don't risk burning out.

Also, because you love me.

And don't tell me the truth, okay?

Let me pretend.

Let me pretend we have all the time in the world together.

Let me pretend that we spend hours talking even when we haven't spoke for days.

Let me pretend the anger in your eyes is my beautiful reflection filling your body with love.

And let me pretend we have a passion made of fire when everything for us burns into black, lonely ash.

And let me pretend you love me.

Because I love you.

And you're amazing.

And I can't handle losing you.

So, let me pretend....

Okay?


The author's comments:

This piece means a lot to me. I can't say much, I think this one speaks for itself. Listen to the song it sings.