The Rarest Jewel. | Teen Ink

The Rarest Jewel.

June 10, 2018
By lovelifeandlivelonger GOLD, Newburgh, New York
lovelifeandlivelonger GOLD, Newburgh, New York
16 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love me for me.


I am a daughter of a mother that did her best.

I am a sister of Four that I love more then the moon and forever more.

I am a poet, speaking in riddle and rhyme to please the ear and tug on the heart of those who listen.

I am an artist, color blind to the red hate of the people unwilling to come to term s that no one is perfect.

I am a friend whos loyalty will put the mighty wolf to shame.

I am a scientest ready to uncover the worlds treasures.

I am a singer , shy as I might be I will sing as loud as i can with all the heart God has given me.

I am a girl with much love to give to the world and no one to share said love with...

I am NOT a dress size

I am NOT your first pick

But I will ALWAYS be the Rarest Jewel.


The author's comments:

I was talking with my aunt about what makes up a person in the hypathetical way of crowns. "what jewels would you put in your crown?" when I first heard the qestion I thought " Dimands,pearls,and saphires" but then she explained into more deatil by saying that she wears that she is a mother and friend. After hearing  what she considered jewels amazed me and gave me a new outlook on life.