A Glimpse in the Dark Ages | Teen Ink

A Glimpse in the Dark Ages MAG

By cmCampbell SILVER, Cedar Grove, New Jersey
cmCampbell SILVER, Cedar Grove, New Jersey

"Every minute you spend angry is 60 seconds you lose of happiness!"

A shrill pitched voice
Chalice barren of its wine
Blood creeps the aisle

I began writing this as a joke to my friend on facebook. She always says that I write the most disturbing haiku, but I am the world's happiest person. Well, needless to say I got really into after it had been posted, and began revising it. Post after post, she began to learn my revision process! This is my finished product! Hope you enjoy!

vlad-hyde SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.Will Smith

wow your a happy person and you came up with this dark poem

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

Wow, this makes my poetry look like an eight-year-old's! It's  very good.       Now if only I could improve my own . . .

*You can read my work if you want (but it's optional, unlike those people who comment just to say that), but you don't have to. I'm just saying that because you seem like a cool person. I don't really share my work to many people, so you're one of the elite . . . kind of kidding :)

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

~Hans Hofmann
~Ray Bradbury

*You can read my work if you want (but it's optional, unlike those people who comment just to say that), but you don't have to. I'm just saying that because you seem like a cool person. I don't really share my work to many people, so you're one of the elite . . . kind of kidding :)

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

~Hans Hofmann
~Ray Bradbury

beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Well your haiku is dark and intense---but that's a good thing! It gave me chills:)