Umbrella | Teen Ink

Umbrella MAG

By ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington
ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington

i'll always be your
umbrella if life tries to
rain on your parade

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@ebj.2014 Great job! Reminds me of the song Umbrella by Rhianna.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

This was WOW,..just wow, I loved it.  The simplicity and feel of it... Beautiful!  Congratulations on getting published! Maybe you could check out some of my work? If not, then that's totally fine too..

ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington
Thank you so much! And yes, it makes perfect sense. :) I would absolutely love to check out some of your work! :)

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

This is so sweet. It made me wistful for love, if that makes sense. If you could check out some of my writing, that would be great. If not, that's totally fine, too.