Winter | Teen Ink

Winter

By TakingFlightxx GOLD, Bristow, Virginia
TakingFlightxx GOLD, Bristow, Virginia

"Believe you can and you're halfway there"

Winter creeps slowly
Silent as a stern hawk
Coldness grips my heart

NethNix SILVER said...
NethNix SILVER, Manassas, Virginia

"When friends die, that isn't the time to morn. Maybe when your dog or hamster kicked the bucket, sure: but friends? If anyone who was important to you looses their life, you fight as hard as you can to make sure their dreams all come true." ~Sam

I think now of times that I had once lost in rhymes Why are things always so? ....... Forever in life I still do not understand words 'apart' and 'heart' ............. Subtle syllables I live now always in fear Of the coming day ............... Where once stood a friend now watch, as the hawk, he takes me far far away ................ From you, from me, from all reality, this hawk He's squawked his last squawk ............... No, it shall not be The day your taken away Day's of winter's end ............... Know you were always The only one, my solitary friend This is not the story ................. Many things I can't know Remmenents of fallen snow The angles we were .................. Tell me, why does friend Rhyme so wonderfully with end? All the signs unseen... .................. I won't let it be And before the winter grabs me I will write these words ..................... They are for your ears My one, solitary friend Don't let it change us ...................... Fall will knock you down Summer will bring out your worst But spring will come soon ...................... Don't fret, worry not I promise one day soon You won't cry again ................... We'll be happy The hawk we'll never seen again He ceases to haunt dreams ........................ Live only in memory Not all it's cracked up to be Soon we'll fly again ......................... So stay by my side Through all the cold winter nights Soon we'll sleep again ........................... One rhyme I do like Off at the end of our plight There IS a bright light ......................... Be not afraid of dark All that can tear us apart Scars that test our heart

NethNix SILVER said...
NethNix SILVER, Manassas, Virginia

I think now of times that I had once lost in rhymes Why are things always so? Forever in life I still do not understand words 'apart' and 'heart' Subtle syllables I live now always in fear Of the coming day Where once stood a friend now watch, as the hawk, he takes me far far away From you, from me, from all reality, this hawk He's squawked his last squawk No, it shall not be The day your taken away Day's of winter's end Know you were always The only one, my solitary friend This is not the story Many things I can't know Remmenents of fallen snow The angles we were Tell me, why does friend Rhyme so wonderfully with end? All the signs unseen... I won't let it be And before the winter grabs me I will write these words They are for your ears My one, solitary friend Don't let it change us Fall will knock you down Summer will bring out your worst But spring will come soon Don't fret, worry not I promise one day soon You won't cry again We'll be happy The hawk we'll never seen again He ceases to haunt dreams Live only in memory Not all it's cracked up to be Soon we'll fly again So stay by my side Through all the cold winter nights Soon we'll sleep again One rhyme I do like Off at the end of our plight There IS a bright light Be not afraid of dark All that can tear us apart Scars that test our heart (loved it! only you should know that silent as a stern hawk is only six. Anyway, KEEP WRITING! I love it when i log onto my email and it says you've submitted something new. I yell 'YAAAAAYYYYY!' and everyone thinks/knows I'm crazy but meh, what can you do?)