On How the Lips Shifts from Smile to Frown | Teen Ink

On How the Lips Shifts from Smile to Frown

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The lip curls up then
curves down—rejection from an
indifferent lover.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Ahhhhhhhh, wow, thank you! That is soooooooo kind of you. I never thought anyone would really like my work with such zeal. It amazes me everyday to know someone out there appreciates the work I do on my spare time, work that even my friends don't appreciate due to their lack of respect and interest in the art of writing, especially poetry. Thank you for making my day. And as to how I do it, I don't know. Only God does. I hope I can continue to have this effect for the rest of my writing career. I wish it on all of us. 

OldYoungOne said...
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I love this!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!! I love this and there isn't even alot of words to it! how do you do that!!!!! I love your poetry I am a true fan! Whya ren't you published in teen ink? I feel that the talent of teen ink is being over passed by lousy poems that show enough depth to how deep we teenagers feel... well done

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Awww :))) You're  1,000,000% Welcome!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You guys are awesome! Like 1,000,000% awesome. Thank you. You're always making me smile especially when I'm feeling blue. Thanks. 

- Maya Angelou

And it's not that it's simply funny Mckay,.. Actually it's so cleverly put, it's smile-worthy.

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

It made ME laugh, too! But its an "Its funny cause its true" thing. The overlong title with its artistic words, the short and simple haiku, and the picture of the girls all together form a whole that is, quite frankly, a wonderful portrayal of the contrast between outer calm/inner frustration at rejection. Perhaps it wasnt what you wanted, but to me it feels like watching puzzle peices slip together. Im lauhing because I feel like a little kid who finally sees the puzzles picture and realized, "no, this isnt a Christmas picture, its a Petting Zoo." Then laughing at my mistake. Its good! Trust me!

- Maya Angelou

haha,,, I guess that does happen sometimes..when people interpret stuff in a way that's much different from what you'd originally intended.....You're Welcome!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. I didn't want to pick that image at first. I wanted domething gray and sophisticated. But, after considering it, I chose it. And so far, people love it. The poem wasn't supposed to be funny, but everyone has been teliing me it is. So, if they think that, I'm just happy to put a smile of someone's face today. Greatest thing I could ask for.

- Maya Angelou

Oh that was one clever Haiku. Real nice word choice.... You're pretty good at this yourself!! And the image made me laugh I dunno, it just sort of melded with the Haiku to create this picture in my head...hahhaa... I like this.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. I agree the title is somewhat long for such a short poem.

Oh, probably the long name, short poem :) certainly using every tool ya got to stuff those short lines full of meaning....! :) But its "shift", not "shifts".... :( Good work though! ;)

Good, good! I don't know why, but this made me laugh!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. 

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Loved this! I also liked you curled and curved both start with "cur-." It placed a bit of repetitiveness on the poem, but it was respectable. I liked it.