Close-minded | Teen Ink

Close-minded

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Close-minded—they judge
and exclude me; not trying
to understand why

I am what I am;
they cannot accept the fact
that I’m different.

Everyone is different. It's just the way of life. Deal with it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. Most of all thank you for relating to this piece; it's very personal and emotional for me. So for you to feel as though you can relate to it, it elates my heart, knowing that somewhere in this infinite universe yet tiny world of ours, someone feels the same way I do in some aspect of my life. ^u^

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

TOATALLY can relate (excuse speeling errors just happy) Amazing you captured it perfectly

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

That's poetry to my ears.

OldYoungOne said...
We do mant things unintentionally and in turn it makes on the mantle a universal art

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Amen to that. We're all unique and that's what makes everyone special. I'd hate to live in world where we were all the same, not because I think you're better, let alone me being better than anyone here; but, because if no diversity existed then life would seem boring. For exmaple everyone on this site expresses different thoughts, sometime the same but we all convey it in a myriad ways which makes this site awesome. Thank you.

Kris_10 GOLD said...
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

This is so good and I can relate to it so much. Everyone spends their life trying to fit in. We are all different and that's that. Shouldnt it be a good thing? Why should we be judged becuase of that? Love it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow, thanks. I didn't know I did. 

OldYoungOne said...
I've felt this many times over when people laugh at a situation they know nothing about. I love how you say so little yet say so much. You reflect the modern teenager.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. And yes, I'll check out your works. All you need to do is Holla at me at any time you want me to check something out. 

thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

wow! I deciphered this as quite ironic, how they 'call you close minded' and are quite being so themselves, in 'not accepting that you're different'. And in that sense, I really love this piece. And would you mind looking at some of my pieces, like 'syria' and 'what is life'? Thanks!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm glad that line reminded you Dr. Seuss. i hadn't even thought of him with that one line. Now I do. Glad you liked it. Thank you.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

When you said "I am what I am", I thought of Dr. Seuss. But I did like your poem; it offers a good perspective from your POV. It's up to us to take it.