To Hazel Grace Lancaster | Teen Ink

To Hazel Grace Lancaster

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Weep no more, Hazel,
for Augustus believed in
a place named Somewhere.

For those who know these characters.
For everyone else, take it for what it's worth.

boundlesswildflower SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." - faults in our stars by John Green

I had to promote this on tumblr (my tumblr is: faultintheirstar) :). Its purely amazing!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you for commenting!!

411Ellie PLATINUM, Fridley, Minnesota

"Paper is more patient than people." –Anne Frank

Thank you for writing this haiku!! R.I.P. Augustus Water

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Okay! I just wanted you to see the comment for that reason. Oh, and they loved it, the poem I mean. And I will wiki the movie now thanks. Keep rockin Mckay, always just keep on rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, there will be a movie in the next year, hopefully. Wikipedia it. You'll see. And thank you for sharign this poem. That means a lot. Sorry for not having replied earlier. And you're more than welcome to share any of my pieces anytimes with anyone. That means a lot. 

Oh, and before I forget, I shared this/emailed the poem to my friends who are obbsessed with this book also, so you are officially famous. <3 I will be happy to share more work if you like! :)

Sorry to reply so late I just hate to leave people hanging) OMG THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE!??????!! WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME :O Okay, breath. Wow. I am floored. All I can say is that it better be good. If it doesn't make me cry, It's not good. I'm a tough critique. YAY. Oh, and you know that book that Hazel and Augustus read, but it dosn't have an end? Well, me and my friend are planning on writing the end of it. yaya Keep rockin Mckay <3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

P.S. It's not wrong to still cry over Augustus. The night I finished TFIOS, I sobbed for like 30 minutes; something I've never done for any book or movie. The nest day, even now, I couldn't get over it. I'm still thinking of whether to write John Green a letter to ask why he pullled a Peter Van Houten in the end. R.I.P Augustus Waters. Some infinities are just bigger than others. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

THANKS!! ^u^ I too finished Looking for Alaska two weeks ago. I thought it was good but not as good as TFIOS. I think it's John Green's masterpiece. Can't wait for the movie. I hope they pick out a good actor for Augustus; he's so perfect. I don't think I've ever liked a character so much like him. Shelaine Woodsley will do fine as Hazel. And I'm so glad you're proceeding to make your story into a novel. (Signed copy here; OK?) And I'm sure if you do your best it will be as good as TFIOS; but you need to give it your all. OK? I'm so happy you read this. Please recommend it to any TFIOS fan or Nerdfighter you might know, if you can. Keep rocking and writing, Liv. And I would gladly work with you on the film adaption or theatrical adaption of your novel if the oppotunity should present itself in the future. It'd be a blast! 

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! I know that in your forum you mentoned this, sorry i didn't see this until now, but this isn't cheesy at all....its Freaking PERFECT!!! i love how you capitolized Somewhere. Is it wrong that i still cry about Augustus (R.I.P)? TFIO'S is the perfectest book ever. And yeah, about the novel that (thnaks to you) I am writing: didnt even realize that Lancaster was the ame last name. Well, it obviously won't be as good as TFIO's but i will try my hardest. Also, i am going to credit you because: yes i am taking your ever brilliant advice. YAY for you. Also just finnished Looking For Alaska, wasn't as good. Didnt like it so much when I was reading it liked it after. Haiku is great Mckay. Keep rocking   oh and P.S.: A Tragic Story (novel) might be long. I will mail you a free copy ;) and you can totally direct it whne it wins a tony. Also, i am doing casting. Okay, keep rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Why thank you. Yes, Augustus Water is perfect; no matter what. R.I.P. Augustus. *sigh and tears*  *o*

maypay BRONZE said...
maypay BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

So... I automatically have to love this because Augustus Water is perfect, but I really like how you left it short and up to the reader to determine what it means. "Somewhere" is such an abstract idea which makes your poem really cool

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. Will you please recomment this piece to any TFIOS lover or nerdfighter you know who might like this poem? I know it's a big favor; but I'd appreciate it so much. TFIOS fans unite! 

Literature_Darling GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

"To live is the rarest thing of all. Most people exsist and that is all." ~Oscar Wilde
"I am a writer quite by accident, the way one my fall and rip a hole in their jeans." ~Blogger H. B. Sachs

I loved this so very much! It almost made me cry! I loved TFIOS and this is perfect!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I so know that feeling. I have like 10, more or less, waiting for me, screaming READ ME NOW! And all I can say is Give me minute; I'm kind of slow. 

Kris_10 GOLD said...
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

I always have so many books I want to read! Right now  have like 5 on my bookshelf just waiting to be read. And I can't decide which to pick first! lol

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You should: John Green is one of the best modern writers. Yesterday, I finished Looking for Alaska. It was amazing—but not as good as TFIOS, or so I think. Now, I'm gonna read Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Hope it's good. 

Kris_10 GOLD said...

You're welcome. And i'm going to read his other books too. But they are ALWAYS checked out of the library. grr

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You too have great taste in books. And thank you. I'm happy a fan of this wonderful novel though this little poem was great. I was hoping it would appeal to TFIOS fans. I hope I did it justice. I love your enthuthiasm. Thank you :)!

Kris_10 GOLD said...

OH MY GOD!!! I read this book and it was the best book i have ever read in my entire life!! You, my friend, have a good taste in books. 

Okay. Now about the poem. I like how you capitalized Somewhere. its not a specific word, but everybodys somewhere is specific to them. I'm not talking heaven and afterlife. But when you die, where do you go? It's obviously a burnng question in most people's minds. And your last line sort of asks a question as to where do you go? 

I really liked this. Well done!