The Dance of the Rain | Teen Ink

The Dance of the Rain

By ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other

Tears of angels from above
Harmoniously, gracefully
Caressing, cradling

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Melodically dancing
On the empty streets

Tip-tap, drip-drop, plop
Playing a soft, calming tune
The roof, it's musical drum

Ends, it's graceful dance
Deathly still, peaceful silence
Once again restored

on Jun. 25 2013 at 2:47 am
ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :D

bree_bree GOLD said...
bree_bree GOLD, Auburn, Kentucky

mistakes are made to be learned from.

Reminds me of steady rainy days :) obviously. i like how you refered to the drumming on the roof thats my favorite part of rainy days. You did a great job on this.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Hahaha :) thank you so much :D.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :D

cassiopeia BRONZE, Winningen, Other

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein.

Wow, I love your delicate way of discribing the rain. Reading this I can't help but picturing a rainy autumn afternoon with a nice blanket and a cup of hot chocolate :D Really love this poem! Keep posting your work ;)

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

wow! haikus normally aren't my thing, but this was beautiful

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
I'm so glad that you like it :D 

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

This is beautiful. I am always enraptured by rain, and anything pertaining to it. The last two stanzas of it, especially.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :) 

RoyalCorona SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

All of us fave failed to match our dream of perfection. I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible. -William Faulkner

So beautiful! I love the rain and this poem speaks to all those rain lovers!

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :D 

Rebecca.xx BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
-Edgar Allan Poe
(this summarizes my life)

Wow. Great haiku. Such a simple topic, yet beautiful. I liked how the poem seemed hopeful and peaceful, but deep as well. Good work!

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Wow, thank you so much. I can't believe that my haiku was compared to Robert's Frost "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". I am sooo glad that you liked it :D 

PhoebeB GOLD said...
PhoebeB GOLD, Lexington, Massachusetts

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

Haha. I love this poem a lot. When I woke up this morning, the skies were chucking it down with rain, and so I went out onto the porch to listen to music and check my teenink and stuff. I have to say, I read your poem maybe, 50 times or something like that. It perfectly fit the mood of the rain, and that just shows how well you conveyed your ideas, feelings, and mood of the rain. Also, I love the last line, the coda "Deathly still, peaceful silence, one again restored." I like how the use of the word 'deathly' in that one line changed the entire poem. First we saw words like 'soft' and 'calming' and then out plops this word, deathly and the reader gets this whole creepy feeling like "what the heck just happened to the rain?" Almost like the rain was deadly in the end, or something crazy like that. A poem that gave me a similar idea was 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. You should check it out, and see what I'm talking about. In one of the verses he says something like "the darkness is peaceful' or something, and the whole mood of the poem changes, which also happened in your poem. Anyways, great job on the poem. You should be very proud of your work, and write on!