Insomnia | Teen Ink

Insomnia

By AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other
AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

Slumber slips into
A trance, failing to descend
On my restless mind.

Definition of insomnia from a once-in-a-while-insomniac !

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're welcome, well...it was very interesting. :D

hayhaywhaley GOLD, Houston, Texas

"How could any step away from you ever be in the right direction?"

I like it (:

on Jun. 14 2013 at 11:49 am

Thank you :D I couldn't sleep a couple nights back n I stirred this up in my mind :D

on Jun. 14 2013 at 3:30 am

- Maya Angelou

I saw what you did there. Clever. Very clever. ...slumber slips into a trance...wow.... Have an awesome day amigo!