Feast | Teen Ink

Feast

By ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York
ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

How is it that you
with just a cold gaze can rust
my inner clockwork?

How is it that you
with just a pair of chilling
eyes can shake my world?

How come each time you
look at me I quake in fear,
becoming your prey?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

YOU WON'T BE ALONE...NOT AS LONG AS I'M HERE! Ok that may sounds wrong on so many bases but whatever. I'm so happy Eminem is back. BEZERK. Or something like that. XD

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Finally! Another Eminem fan! I knew I wasn't alone!

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Finally! Another Eminem fan! I knew I wasn't alone!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

By the way, that's the most awesome avatar. EMINEM! 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I would recommened the book. It's just a bit complicated to understand. And it's rather "eye-opening." Very contreversial. But yeah, read it. 

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

- Martin Luther King Jr.

I am very pleased that you thought this was a good poem and really do appreciate your kind, thoughtful, and supportive comment. And I really like the picture too! Hmmmm........another thought, maybe I should check out that book too.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Long time no read from your work. First of all, congrats on receiving the Editors' Choice. I love the whole style of the poem. How it's three rhetorical questions addressed to some unknown person. And the picture that goes with the poem as well. Excellent choice there. Very beautiful wording. The line "my inner clockwork" reminds me of the novel I'm reading right now called A Clockwork Orange, which is an interesting read. Well done on this poem.