Living Through Poetry | Teen Ink

Living Through Poetry

By authoress17 SILVER, Evans City, Pennsylvania
authoress17 SILVER, Evans City, Pennsylvania

"If there is no such thing as magic...then what is writing?."-authoress17 (me)

Poems have a way,

Of making people listen,

To words we can't say

I wrote this to express how I feel when writing. Sometimes it's hard to carry on a conversation about what your going thorugh or what your feeling. Writing poetry is an easy way for me to show what I am truly feeling.

Thank you so much for reading it! I love writing poetry filled with emotion and I hope I accomplished that. Your comment is so kind and made me smile. Thanks once again. :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I read this yesterday, and I just want to say this is absoluetly wonderful. It's powerful and beautiful and filled with talent. You are an amazing writer and you're filled with greatness and light and talent. I'm so glad, I read this. You are amazing and wonderful and beautiful, please don't forget that. Thank you so much for sharing this! :)

Wow! Thanks so much for reading my work. I love posting poetry and it's always is great to get some feedback. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio

"When you need something to believe in, believe in yourself."
"A poem unwritten is only a thought; unshared, unsaid..."

Oh my gosh I love this poem so much! I can definitely relate...sometimes the only way I can say certain things is through poetry. It's just a really good way of expressing my thoughts and feelings. But also, it's a way of making people listen, as you said in your poem. Sometimes it's only through poetry that you can open a person's eyes and make them really understand something. You can grab their attention with the musical beauty of the words and then the emotion behind those words just jumps out at them. Thanks for posting this, and I can't wait to read more of your work!!! I always love the emotions you express :D