Dear Cat | Teen Ink

Dear Cat

By MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

My special playmate,

always staying with me, now

sleeping underground.

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

I've never thought of it that way before, and that would be an amazing caption to a photo. Thank you for the kind critique.

jegriswold3 GOLD, Lexington, South Carolina
I love how some of your poems are short, some may dare say simple. I say a simply genius way of the use of words.

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

Yes, it's really sad. My great aunt had the most adorable puppy, and even though I loved him, I was so scared that I didn't go near him. By then, he didn't have long to live and it was just really sad. I had some pet chicks too, but they perished as well... This is for the people who have had animals as part of their family to remember their loved ones.

kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California

The perpetual pursuit for an unattainable freedom

Oh, I just realized, I'm not very fast. I'm sorry, that's beautiful, I had a kitty named Lucy that I loved so much as now she's ash. It seems like the ones we love the most live the longest yet leave the soonest.

Aww, cute. I'm personally a cat fanatic so I suppose theres some bias-ness in my appreciation. What did you mean by underground?