A Daughter's Remembrance | Teen Ink

A Daughter's Remembrance

April 8, 2024
By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
79 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.


In the hush of early years, beneath the willow's shade, A little girl with eyes so bright, where laughter never fades. Her daddy's hands, both strong and warm, taught her to embrace The world with joy, with bike rides and math's challenging maze.

Through seasons, her world blossomed wide, from kindergarten's door To school days filled with wonder, tales, and so much to explore. But then one eve, as sunset's glow kissed the sky goodbye, Her mother's words, like winter's chill, taught her how to cry.

"Daddy's gone," she whispered low; the stars refused to shine, A void so vast, no words could fill this broken heart of mine. Yet in her soul, a fierce resolve, like ember's glow in the night, To chase her dreams to university's height with all her might.

For in her mind, her daddy's voice, a beacon ever near, Guided her through the darkest times and made her path clear. "I'm with you still, in every step, in every dream you chase, In every star, in every tear, in every loving embrace."


The author's comments:

This sonnet tries to capture the essence of the memories shared between a daughter and her father, from joyful beginnings through the lessons and love shared to the pain of loss and the ongoing influence of her father's memory as she moves forward.