Glass Heart | Teen Ink

Glass Heart

By dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do" - Steve Jobs

I thought I won, turns out I lost, the war is done, but you’re the cost. It seems my heart, was a battleship, and you sunk it down, I lost all of it.

I remember that day, clear as crystal, I was holding flowers you were packing a pistol, I came into your work and said that I missed you, gave you roses and then I kissed you. Where’s your ring? Baby I don’t know, I left it in my pocket not long ago, I took it off so I could clean you see, but hey I got you and you got me. We both walked into dunkin donuts, I was supposed to get back to work but I felt i’d go nuts, I stayed longer than I should and longer than you thought I would. Then he came in, all dressed in red, then I realized how many lies I was fed, had to push him off of you and caught your dress, that you probably took off when you were in his bed. What’s going on? Can’t you hear me? This feels like a joke but we ain’t on tv, I guess it’s tragic now ain’t that right? Saw you run into the traffic just to avoid my eyes.

Yeah, you were my best friend, I remember the night I was congested, on steroids for a throat infection, I was paranoid atleast that’s what I guessed then. You made a promise you’d only be there for the day, just to see him watch some TV maybe play, a couple games and really I thought he was gay, that might be funny but really it’s still just pain. You’d done him once, you’d done him twice, gave an alibi and asked your friends to lie. Didn’t realize all it took was his eyes, to make you forget how insecure and hurt I was last night.

Now this is the one, I told myself, She smelled like heaven I was under her spell, I’m a good enough man for you now you see? I got rid of all my bottles of hennessy, I took a breath, got down on one knee, ______ Will you marry me? Then you said yes, and I felt blessed, and my heart was ready to beat out it’s chest. Then we got upstairs, saw a text from your phone, “Baby I’m turned on and all alone”, and i saw that thread, all the messages were read, right into my soul had I bled, you were my heart, you were my home, seeing his hearts sent from your phone, and now I’m stuck here being alone, now this bullet has a bed and my heart is gone.

Thank you @Summer_R_Quinn ^^

Rhiannon_4 DIAMOND, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.
- Native American proverb

Do not go gentle into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas

What is past is past -- it is the present and the future that concern us.
- Hiawatha, founder of the Iroquois Confederacy

Wow, this is so raw and full of emotion, I love it!