wallflower | Teen Ink

wallflower

By sophiacespedes BRONZE, Chula Vista, California
sophiacespedes BRONZE, Chula Vista, California

verse 1:

i don’t feel special most of the time but when i’m with you i just feel wise and cynical as all hell 

chorus 1:

but you steal the show with your bleached blonde hair when you light a smoke they all stop and stare you pretend not to notice you just sit there look like a goddess so i’ll just sip on my hard liquor and fade into the corner like a wallflower

verse 1:

i wanted to hold you tight until your pureness left your body. the warm tenderness i once felt for you is now gone and i still can’t believe you thought i wouldn’t leave. 

chorus 2:

i couldn’t live without you. when i feel you staring, our eyes meet in a dim room all i see are those big lies your soiled self told to my innocent mind.i don’t love you anymore, don’t think i ever did. i’m not your wallflower

bridge:

i don’t know where it all went wrong what did i do to deserve this i look around and think is this not normal? the headlines scream my name calling me to the edge i should just give in nothing works i cant eat i cant sleep i just cant win 

chorus 3:

my life is like a fig tree if i choose one the others will fall to my feet i have so much left to do i don’t want to be the girl you just knew i want to write the headline not be the headline no longer a wallflower

This song was inspired by "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath and Esther's thought process throughout the book.