Lost Causes | Teen Ink

Lost Causes

By sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina
sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

I decided today
I was in love.
My heart didn’t thump
Like a thousand drums,
And I could speak
As clearly as I always have.
My vision didn’t go blurry
Or my head feel light and faint.
I wasn’t overwhelmed
By a title wave of emotions.
And I didn’t decide this
With a passionate kiss,
A romantic love letter,
Or a tearful goodbye.
But when I told him
I hated him
And was sick of being with him,
He smiled and
Walked away,
As if I didn’t have anything
To hold him anyway.
It was like I had
Hurt myself more than
I had hurt him.
Maybe I loved him,
Maybe I still do.
Or maybe, just maybe,
I love lost causes.

Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa

"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

I like how this was kind of turned by its corner a little so that it was something most people don't write about, that it was unique... Ps. Please check out my work???? =D

strangefirecrackers BRONZE, Richmond Hill, New York

"the fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own" - Michael Konda

I really liked reading this. I had a lot of mixed feelings when reading this. It was simply beautiful. 

fadingaway1324 SILVER, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
i enjoy this because i feel alot alike.  but instead of i hate you, i told him i wanted to watch him swallow his teeth and he knew i meant it. but some how i do care.

MercedesXO DIAMOND, South Easton, Massachusetts

"I realize that life is risks. It's acknowledging the past but looking forward. It's taking chances that we will make mistakes but believeing we all deserve to be forgiven."
-The Dead Tossed Waves.

awww. wow. I LOVE THIS!! honestly, like it is soooo great and i bet tons of people can relate. i always make the same mistake. i'm constantly screwing up relationships (not just romantic ones..but relationships in general) and i think i always do it because i'm the one afraid of getting hurt..then in the end, i'm the one hurting myself. it sucks:(

but i really enjoyed this. and you did any excellent job. LOVE the ending, and how you come to realize that maybe that IS what you love instead..lost causes. and i can admit it..im in love with lost causes..it's actually really difficult. ANYWAYS! i just wanted to comment on how when ever i read any of your work, the endings are always amazing:) like, the whole thing is wonderful but i HATE HATE HATE when i read someones work, and even if its sooo good, if the ending doesnt all come together, or something is missing, or i feel like the ending was just kinda..not important, then i don't appriciate the work as much. but i love (and notice in every piece of your work) how it always ties together perfectly:) GREAT JOB!!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

A word to the wise ain't nessecary it's the stupid ones that need the advise

I liked the way she fell in love but i found it hard to find the emotion in the poem. still i like your writing skills.

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
I liked it, I like how you showed people can be true to themselfs.I don't think the narrator hurt herself though because she didn't sound like she loved him loved him. Like she loved the idea of love-if you have heard of it. So it was good for her to move on.I liked the tempo it made it flow really well. Well done! :)

TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas

"See in what peace a Christian can die." - Joseph Addison
"How come everyone will come to your funeral, but nobody will come see you when you are living?"

beauuuttttttiiiifffullllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louis GOLD said...
Louis GOLD, Paris, Other

Too much isn't enough.

i like how the light tone of the poem makes it so fluid to read. i also like how you make the reader feel so symathic towards the narrator. good job!

INnaturegirl said...
~so do i and i dont know y~

wow i love this! awesome job!