Benji's Lullaby | Teen Ink

Benji's Lullaby

By Nevardi BRONZE, Moorhead, Minnesota
Nevardi BRONZE, Moorhead, Minnesota

I Always know the ending...Thats where i Start. -Toni Morrison

(Verse one)

Your eyes close, Your heart slows. My love, is this the end? you can't die, not here, not now. Though in my arms you lie.

(Chorus)

Rain Keeps Falling down like shattered glass it hits the ground. It cute me with every could have been. I look up to the sky and watch it cry as one of heavens angels die. I'll close my eyes and dream of you tonight.

(Verse two)

I tried so hard to hide, the cuts and bruises as i lied, but when you looked me in the eyes, i knew you didn't buy my lies. You saw right through my happy mask, you saved me though i didn't ask, all thats left of you are memories.

*Chorus*

(Verse three)

Life goes on. The sun goes down. Though you're not here to see the stars. The moon shines bright, drawing darkness with the light. Part of my heart belongs to you.

(Bridge)

I trusted you, you got me through. I owe every breath to you. Love's what killed you in the end. My only regret is trying to forget your memory so i wouldnt have to feel the pain.

*Chorus*

(Second Chorus)

Rain Keeps falling down like shattered glass it hits the ground.
(Your eyes close your heart slows. Is this the end?)

It cuts me with every could have been.
(You can't die. Not here, not now. In my arms you lie.)

I look up to the sky and watch it cry as one of heavens angels die.
(Life goes on, you're not here to see the stars.)

I'll close my eyes and dream of you tonight.
(I'll sing for you one last time...your lullaby.)

I originally just had a piano song i wrote for fun to acompany my Book but I decided to add lyrics and make it a lullaby for one of my Favorite character in my book :3

(The parts in parentheses in the second chorus are echoed.)