I'm a Dreamer, It's {Okay}. | Teen Ink

I'm a Dreamer, It's {Okay}.

July 11, 2011
By Wild_Rebel_Rose DIAMOND, Somerset, Wisconsin
Wild_Rebel_Rose DIAMOND, Somerset, Wisconsin
51 articles 4 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be who you are, and say what you feel, becuase those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss


I stood there right in front of you and stared into your beautiful blue eyes.
You prolly didn't know, I coulda sworn I felt your love for me inside.
I handed you a folded piece of paper and i searched your silent stare,
As you read yourself the words I wrote for you, onto that paper.. cuz I care.
Glancing up, you didn't say a word, you just looked down and turned away.
I thought that meant you felt it, finally.. but I'm a Dreamer, it's [okay]. :P
I'm wrong most of the time about you, you're a mystery i'll never solve.
I'm sorry that I'm wasting space to write my weakness, no. It's not your fault.
Every day I tell myself 'today I won't let you cross my mind'.
It just defeats the purpose, I can't help it, but I've learned to change with time.
All the days I spent hearing your laugh, being your friend, loving your heart.
I wouldn't take it back, I wouldn't change it for a million fresh new starts.
You're my inspiration. I can truly say I love you for it too.
To you I'm just a girl, but to me you're honestly what got me through.
Someday maybe time will take its toll and we'll look back and we'll regret.
Well that's when all the other things I wrote to you will finally be read.
For now I rest my case, I back away and just let go of everything.
But just know this - when everything was perfect, it's you that walked away.