Beautiful Lies | Teen Ink

Beautiful Lies

By NaiNelson PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington
NaiNelson PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington

Change in life is never easy, but you have to learn to deal with it because life doesn't slow down for stragglers.

You see the colors, you see the light,
But the people around refuse to understand the beauty in your eyes,
So you call, you call up to the sky,
Pray to the lord who you know will come to save us all,

But what happens when the match is lit, and the fire burn too bright to extinguish?
And the lesson is too clear to understand, cause all you have is a hand stained with regret,
The lies you were told chill you to the bone,
So where will you go when everywhere it snows?

The pain's too heavy, your eyes far from dry,
Your blood pumping in your chest is the only thing keeping you alive,
The blackest of blue colors the sky, and you wonder why the king up in the sky lets all the children cry,
Who will tell you the reasons why everyday it rains, and summer is too short to even try to count the days,

So I'm leaving on this September day, while the moon's still shining, and the clouds are gray,
And I will thank my lucky stars if they are visible for the empty promises the king of the sky told us were in store for,
Maybe someday everyone will see the light is just the sun, there's no one up there looking out for us

Cause this is what happens when the match is lit, and the fire burns to bright-- no one can extinguish it,
The lessons to learn are too clear to comprehend, cause all you have is a billion blood stained hands,
The lies we were all told still chill me to the bone,
So where is this all mighty beautiful soul? Whose here to save us? Whose here to stop this world from crumbling down,
Down, down,
Down, down,

My first song on the guitar!