Back Then | Teen Ink

Back Then

March 23, 2012
By Moon_In_A_Cup BRONZE, West End, North Carolina
Moon_In_A_Cup BRONZE, West End, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Staring up at you with starstruck eyes as you fake that look of devotion in your eyes. Waiting for me to give myself away so you can take what you want and leave without a trace. patiently watching me fall apart so you can take another piece of my heart. Just another girl from your past you'll watch my brown eyes freeze over. You don't care, you don't care you're not sober
But when that cold water hits your face it'll hit you that I've gone away, gone away.
Tell me how it feels are you watching our movie reel go by showing every moment of our life together, and tell me how it feels to know you're why I'm not here. why you'll never see my face again, why you'll never hear my heart beat like you did back then.
You took too long to say you're sorry you'll take your agony to your grave. just take a ride in your new Ferrari I know you'll be okay. the thunder's gonna tell your secrets and the lightning's gonna light up all you did. even the things you buried the deepest be in the light instead. People would see who you really are and run away with fear. I'm the only one who'd stay behind to dry your tears.
But when that cold water hits your face it'll hit you that i've gone away, gone away.
Tell me how it feels are you watching our movie reel go by showing every moment of our life together, and tell me how it feels to know you're why i'm not here. why you'll never see my face again, why you'll never hear my heart beat like you did back then.
You never asked me why I wore long sleeves in July, you never saw my smile fade you just stood back and watched my sky bleed to grey and now I'm gone, you'll never move on, and you'll always cry.
and when that cold water hit your face, that's when it hit you that I've gone away. gone away.
You can't tell me how it feels cuz you're watching our movie reel go by showing every moment of our time together, you can't tell me how it feels to know you're why I'm not here, why you'll never see my face again why you'll never feel my heartbeat like you did back then.