Road to Happiness | Teen Ink

Road to Happiness

By kaylamarie6 BRONZE, Fulton, New York
kaylamarie6 BRONZE, Fulton, New York

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened - Dr Seuss

V.1 - The words 'i promise' gone in a whispers wind. now good times, just memories, as the silence begins. when you just can't take it anymore, it strangles your heart as your knees hit the floor.

you cry out, but your voice just carries on..

chorus- they say lifes a journey, just take the right path. well,what road am i on ? i'm just escaping life's wrath. it seems to hurt me no matter how far i go. they all just laugh, like im puttin on a show. tell me which way is happiness, i'll just take that road..

V.2 - so many said 'i love you' when you knew it was a lie. cuz if they really meant it, they would'nt make you cry.the harsh words and arguments, like a dagger to the heart.after all this time and all these years, we finally grew apart.

you cry now, but your tears just fall away..

chorus - they say lifes a journey just take the right path. well what road am i on.. im just escaping life's wrath. it seems to hurt me no matter how far i go. they all just laugh, like im puttin on a show. tell me, which way is happiiness, i'll just take that road.

Now i'm sittin back, tryin to relax. you take my hand when it all goes wrong. and swear you'll be here forever long. then you disappear..fade away.. cuz it's just a memory..in my head.

[repeat chorus]