We Won't Change | Teen Ink

We Won't Change

August 31, 2013
By JosieSmash BRONZE, Toledo, Washington
JosieSmash BRONZE, Toledo, Washington
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it. :)


You're holding my hand down Memory Lane.
My hand is shaking, and our hearts are breaking, but we won't change...

Looking back, we made some mistakes, yeah,
but take me back, I need to see your face, yeah.
You say, you can't love me anymore, but my heart is always yours.




(chorus)
We both know that people change, it's okay, I'll take all the blame.It's been a couple years now, still wish we'd go back to how..
You would smile, tell me you loved me,
I'd grin, then let you hug me.
I would push you away, make fun of you,
We would laugh, 'cause that's what we do.
But we both know we won't change, and that everything will stay the same..

It's okay, you'll always have a place in my heart, look now, we're back at the start.
Loving me was the best thing you've ever done, but darling, it sure was a short run.

(repeat chorus)

It's okay, you'll always have a place in my heart, look now, we're back at the start...
Loving me was the best thing you've ever done, but darling, it sure was a short run..


(repeat chorus)


The author's comments:
This is a song I wrote about one of my dearest friends... He was in love with me for two years, but in-between boyfriends I would go back to him, so this is kind of how even though we both know we love each other, it will never work out....
I'm not musically gifted at all, so I hope the lyrics make sense.