Green Eyed Girl | Teen Ink

Green Eyed Girl

By trombonescout20 BRONZE, Superior, Wisconsin
trombonescout20 BRONZE, Superior, Wisconsin

"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others."
- Robert Baden-Powell

I know a girl, a girl I’m trying to save,
She wears her broken wings, with an angel’s grace.
She is the light in the dark,
She is the beating in my heart.
I am so happy when I see that she is smiling back at me.
Oh, you’re the best friend, been with you for a short time,
But I want you to know that my feelings are true,
For you, my green eyed girl.

A piece that was just written of how I was feeling at the time using song lyrics, with a few changes.

- Robert Baden-Powell

Wow thats really good. And I feel honored that someone used my work into theirs. :D

KarmaQueen27 GOLD, Washington, Virginia
Crushing of leaves beneath your feet aching all over because of the heat I hear your heart beat mine jumps wildly up and down as if into a pile of leaves walking together step by step holding hands laughing my eyes close and you are my guide i cling to you youy are my eyes the trees sway when the autumn breeze flows by squirrels jump branch to branch  we stop and i hold my breath anxious for what may come you direct me to a bench one sterdy and i feel made of wood you tell me to open my green eyes and i do you tell me..." I know a girl, a girl i'm trying to save, she wears her broken wings, with an angel's grace, she is the light in the dark, she is the beating in my heart, i am so happy when i see that she is smiling back at me. oh. i want you to know that my feelings are true, for you, my green eyed girl." I love you. 

- Robert Baden-Powell

Thanks :) sure i would like that

KarmaQueen27 GOLD, Washington, Virginia
hey :) this is great!! in my writing a poem i accidentally found my charater quoting the Green Eyed Girl poem to someone. haha it was cute. do you want to hear it?