Peace To Hell | Teen Ink

Peace To Hell

By Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Once the book was open
The world would never be the same
Self-rightous judgement
Reaching for glory from your own claim

and we are all going to Hell
if you're not there by the first church bell
and we are all going to Hell
If you wish someone different well
Oh, and they are all going to hell
If they disagree, we must fight to stop the quell
and if their's anything that Jesus taught
better than anyone else
It's to not tolerate anyone with
different views than myself

From crusades
to burned stakes
all in the name
of a man who
Taught the Earth
to value
every single birth
But then man,
in it's flawed form
Ravaged the world
Left it torn
and said, oh

and we are all going to Hell
and we are all going to Hell
If you wish someone different well
Oh, and they are all going to hell
better than anyone else
It's to harm anyone with
different views than myself

This poem is about people who fight, discriminate, and kill in the name of a man who taught love, peace, and tolerance. Oh, and Teen Ink, whom I expect to not accept this poem, I'm not using Hell in an offensive way, but rather the way it was intended in the bible. Just keep that in mind.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I guess, sometimes the world needs a little sarcasticness...who isn't?

Hmm, maybe that's why I said mayybe I don't agree with everything, with what you're saying in your poem. Some "Christians" do have hyprocrisy of self-righteous, though they should not. I still think this is amazingly written.

Here's the thing though, if you looked into it with any depth at all, you would see that it's sarcastic. Why do people keep thinking that what I'm saying here is what I think? It's exposing the hypocrisy of self-rightous "christians."

An amazing poem, I'm not sure if I agre with everything you said in your poem, but it's still talently (if that's a word) written. Wonderfully written. ^_^ thanks for sharing this.

The line "We are all going to Hell" is not my personal opinion. It's showing how "christians" use a religion founded by a man of love to rationalize them going into heaven, while also rationalizing a way to make others feel as if they are going to hell. Basically, they're using a religion of love to hate other people, exposing a hypocrisy in their self-rightousness.

TheUnkownLightInTheDarkness SILVER, St Johns, Michigan
This is a very good poem it is unlike anything I've ever read before I'd even compare you to the great Edgar Allen Poe he had sort of an realistic approach to poems and this one was pretty close

12gage PLATINUM, Genesee,

"GODS OF WAR I CALL YOU, MY SWORD
IS BY MY SIDE.
I SEEK A LIFE OF HONR, FREE FROM
ALL FALSE PRIDE.
I WILL CRACK THE WHIP WITH A BOLD
MIGHTY HAIL.
COVER ME WITH DEATH IF I SHOULD
EVER FAIL.
"GLORY, MAJESTY, UNITY
HAIL, HAIL, HAIL. "

shade, if we all are going to hell after life, like that saies. wont you want to fight before you go to hell itself? personly, i if i knew if i was gong to hell i would fight on the way there, and when i was in hell i would fight my way out of its firely walls of flames. well thats just me not you or anyone elese. but good job overall ;D should check out some of my stuff, we ment write inthe same way.  

Sunshine2420 SILVER, Unknown, Other

A smile hides everything.

You have a really good vocabulary...good job!