The Lonely Road | Teen Ink

The Lonely Road

By violawritermady BRONZE, Lehi, Utah
violawritermady BRONZE, Lehi, Utah

"The true artist does not create art as an end to himself. He creates it for others; humanity is the goal." -Bronislaw Huberman

Everyone
Knows everyone else
Their circles have all been made.
They don't see
The quiet girl
Who sits by herself in the shade.

Eyes downcast
Shoulders slumped
Her lips bear a half-hearted smile.
Blinking hard
To hide the tears
Of sadness, refusal and denial.

She walks a lonely road
It's silent, cold and dark.
She needs a ray of hope
A cheerful little spark.

Then you walk
From the group
You've known for years and years.
Noticing
What no-one else did
A girl all alone with her tears.

And when you get to know her
You feel a sense of peace.
And when you spend time with her
Your troubles seem to cease.

You joke and laugh together
You cry together too.
But through everything
You both remain true.
True to eachother
You're friends forever.

She walked a lonely road
'Twas silent, cold and dark.
You were her ray of hope
Her cheerful little spark.

You changed her life
She never will forget
Your love in times of strife
The example you set.

Then one day
In a far-off town
With friends ever by her side.
She remembers
What you did
And welcomes the friendless inside.

These lyrics were inspired by a few of my real-life experiences. But everyone in the world will feel alone or forgotten at some time in their life. What matters is if we reach out to others. Because who knows: perhaps it will start a chain reaction for good.

my-King-breathes-stars BRONZE, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
This was very lovely. So relative to issues actually happening in the world right now. Well done! Check out my very first teenink submission ever, called Kentucky Summer. You can search it. I'm hoping for lots of comments and corrective criticism!

Whovian-Pegasister, Frazier's Bottom, West Virginia

"I am an always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."--The Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who, 'The Almost People'

Beautiful. There needs to be more songs like this, if you ask me; sweet and relatable.

Atlas_Woman GOLD, Texas City, Texas

To each his own seems to be our motto
and since this is the case
I wish the aliens would come attack us today.
Because only then would we unite as one world,
instead of being separated by our own
governments, prejudices, religions, and races.

Hey, your work...amazing.

Hannah.banana388, Seattle, Washington

"There is an infintie amout of numbers between 0 and 1."

This poem/song is the story of my life! Your an amazing poet!

oboe4life BRONZE, Lehi, Utah

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers, to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore

This is a fantastic piece. It reminds me a lot of how I feel my life is sometimes, but it gives hope. You are a really good writer. Thanks for sharing your talent with everyone.

guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wow, this is really good! i love how you captured the effect people can have on each other. :)

BThomas1313 SILVER, Vanceburg, Kentucky

"There are much greater things ahead than any we might leave behind" ~C.S. Lewis

This is very good. It reminds me of one of my poems, For Laura & Savannah! You should check it out, I would love some feedback! :)

Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

i love this!!! its moving, beautiful, inspiring, and easy to relate too! perfect <3

WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Wow this is really good. Rhyming wasn't always spaced right, but other than that, it's great!

JadeW GOLD said...
JadeW GOLD, Hillsborough, North Carolina

“There is the great lesson of 'Beauty and the Beast,' that a thing must be loved before it is lovable.”
― G.K. Chesterton

I loved this it was very powerful and moving, simply amazing, I could relate to it quite a lot and you did a amazing job wonderful piece. Keep writing love :)

--Em-- GOLD said...
--Em-- GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan
this is such a sad song, but i absolutely love it! i really makes me think about all those girls who hide in corners, walking quickly and not noticing anyone. keep writing, you are very talented

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Wow. I can connect to this a lot. This is amazing and so beautiful. I can really, really connect to this. So many times, I've felt alone. All I can say is this is one the greatest songs ever. Thank you for sharing this. Also, you don't ahve to do this, but could you check out my nonfiction personal experience article? Here's the link if you do: TeenInk.com/nonfiction/personal_experience/article/699585/Stubborn-Me/  Thank you again. 

skyler said...
These are the best lyrics I've ever read. So heartfelt. Sorry you had to go through this sad experience but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, if we let it. I can see you put a lot of emotion and care into writing these. Awesome work, it's really beautiful!

tmvivaldifan said...
A friend sent this to me, and I read it not expecting much. But wow, this girl can write! I cried the first time I read it. I cried the second time I read it too. The words are beautiful, but the message is the most beautiful part of all. Such an amazing piece... it deserves attention from the world! 

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is beautiful! Actually, this is one of the best songs I have ever read on TeenInk.com! The diction and prose you used is out of this world, and the elegance you conducted flowed so amazingly well I can really feel the beat, and hear the melody as I am reading this! Please become famous so I can hear the music on the radio! ^_^ The only thing I would change, would be "The example you set" I feel like it was a littler bit forced, but besides that little phrase, this piece is outstanding! I really feel that this should become famous because our generation needs to hear these incredible words to strengthen their morale. :) Absolutely adore this piece, so PLEASE keep Writing!!!!!

Whoah... loved it! SO GOOD. Want to read more by this author!

Wow! That was a beautiful, powerful poem. It had such a great message, I cried. Seriously one of the best things I have ever read!