Little Brothers | Teen Ink

Little Brothers

By SarahJumps SILVER, Richmond, Virginia
SarahJumps SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity. -E.R

oh little one with claws so very small
even your little cries are a sweet sound
it's hard to believe some day you'll be tall
when you're found asleep in a little mound
you are a bit of sugar in coffee
you, sent to illuminate the dark spot
a bit of butter in sour toffee
your smile always seems to mark the dot
not anything will ever come between
I dare for anything to even try
for nothing will ever make our love lean
promise me we will not part till we die
siblings we are and we will always be
I wish from rose tinted glasses you see

My little brothers mean alot to me, so I'm dedicating this to them, my sweet boys. (Will age 4, Ellis age 2, and little Bailey, age 2 months) Recently, my youngest brother Bailey was admitted to the hospital with a broken skull and later on they figured out he had spinal meningitis. After struggling with in the hospital with strokes of about a month, Bailey will finally be returning home to us this week. It's really a blessing that he fell, because if he hadn't had then they would not have found the meningitis and he would have died. You really never know how precious something is until you almost loose it. Love you Bails.

inksplatters21 SILVER, Mason, Ohio

"Character is how you live when no one is watching."

I'll keep your brother in my prayers.  very touching poem.  haha I know a boy named will ellis.  anyways, would you mind reading/rating my stuff.  thank you!

SarahJumps SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

-Eleanor Roosevelt

thank you! It's a true blessing

WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Aw, this is really sweet! Very touching. I'm so happy to hear that your brother is all right.

SarahJumps SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

-Eleanor Roosevelt

thank you so much! :)

starlight26 GOLD, Miramar, Florida

*life isnt about pretending to be something you're not. It about being who you are and finding someone
who loves every bit of it."

"Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"

That was beautiful!! I'm so glad to hear that he is okay!!! I know how you must feel because i have two little sisters of my own. I can really relate to this poem. It is a blessing....they must be so lucky to have an older sibling that cares so much about them :)