Her Fears | Teen Ink

Her Fears

By dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey
dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

She feared to swim for the water’s too deep.

She couldn’t rest for chains would bound her wings.

She feared to love something she couldn’t keep.

She locked herself away from everything.

Not love nor hatred seems to leave a mark.

For all that’s left is one lost, sad girl’s heart.

As heavy lightness gives away to night,

Like glass she’ll break, shatter, and fall apart.

Lurking so close the dark, her predator;

Consuming her till she has to face death.

Now she has grown up, her age much greater.

So far from breathing her very last breathe.

Though she seems so strong to all of her peers,

Even now she cannot forget her fears.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Oh, wow. I wholeheartedly and absolutely, agree with TheComet. Your poem is beautiful. I too, can connect to this a lot. I used to feel like this, almost all the time. I tooo, can't forget my fears. But now, I'm just trying to live life to the fullest and live like I'm loved. I'm just trying to live, not trying to survive. Don't believe anyone who says, that you aren't talented and wonderful and amazing; because you are, and you have such a talent and greatness in you. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing tis. ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Wow this is so beautifully written! I can so easily relate to it for i know what it feels like to always be afraid...not even knowing what's behind the door, i simply don't risk anthing becuz of my fear. Though after all I know it's a shame cuz life demands to be fully lived, taking risks, getting over our fears and facing every challenge. I know it now, so i only hope this girl you're talking about will realize it too. It's okay to let it out sometimes and speak up, break down the walls and try to let her voice be heard by facing her fears. Other than that, it was so amazingly well written. I truly believe you should keep writng cuz you certainly have a great talent. You have the skill to put a great power into words. Thanks for sharing this ^_^