Defiance | Teen Ink

Defiance

By GeorgeProensagh PLATINUM, Lisbon, Other
GeorgeProensagh PLATINUM, Lisbon, Other

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught." - Oscar Wilde

Forget the thorns, the blood.
Leave them behind to those,
Who caused thy tears to flood,
And pluck instead the rose.

Lay siege to that great foe,
Which walks upon thy fears,
Thus bent to bring thee woe,
When thy mauled heart it sears.

Thy aching limbs must stand,
And slowly thou shalt rise.
Thus show thy pierced hand,
Defy the stormy skies.

Stand to the raging seas!
Refuse the howling wind!
Ne’er fall upon thy knees,
For those who ‘gainst thee sin’d!

ZatarraGoes BRONZE, Lisbon, Other

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determine's who you are." -Mewtwo

George,
Great work, I really like the last stanza. When will we see more of your work?

GeorgeProensagh PLATINUM, Lisbon, Other

Thank you very much, I'm extremely happy that the poem was to your satisfaction. As far as my talent goes, I daresay you're flattering me and will soon change your opinion should you read any of my other works. Nevertheless, I can assure that I will keep on writting with the greatest pleasure, as the exercise at hand is one of the closest and dearest companions I have. Thank you very much for your kind comment.

GeorgeProensagh PLATINUM, Lisbon, Other

That's really too kind, the poem is hardly anything special, but I am very glad that you enjoyed it. I have to admit that I wasn't particularly inspired when writting it, which is why I seeked refuge in symbolism and somewhat discarded the potential power of the rhymes. In regards to your comment about me being a great poet, I don't really think so, and I assure you that it is not out of modesty, but rather out of a lack of pleasure when I read most of my works. But as you are the first person to say that to me, I have to confess that I am very flattered, and consequently, grateful.

GeorgeProensagh PLATINUM, Lisbon, Other

Thank you very much for saying that, though I'm affraid I'll have to disagree, not out of modesty, merely as a question of opinion. I don't really think this to be a particularly good piece, but I'm really very happy that you enjoyed it, and it was extremely kind of you to say so, it is always important for me to know that my work is appreciated. Once again, I'm veyr grateful for your kind and appreciative comment.

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

George, darling, this is amazing!! So inspiering and beautifuly written and just wow. I love it!! :))) You have wonderful talent, thank you for sharing this <3 Keep writing, dear :)

authoress17 SILVER, Evans City, Pennsylvania

"If there is no such thing as magic...then what is writing?."-authoress17 (me)

Wow, that was wonderfully written. You are a great poet. The symbolism in this is brilliant. Keep on writing!

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

That poet was so amasingly writen that I cant beleive that I am the first to say so