cutting | Teen Ink

cutting

By azurelove GOLD, Columbus, Ohio
azurelove GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

soft translucent skin
keeping it all in
the heavy rush
laced in blood
begs to be let loose
its up to you to choose
rip open the flesh
red streams out hearty and fresh
nick a vein now
and don't make a sound
you'll be back to normal
once the crying dies down...

azurelove GOLD said...
azurelove GOLD, Columbus, Ohio
your feedback keeps me safe in this depression thanks

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is beautiful and sad and a bit scary, if you don't mind me being honest. But in so many ways, I can connect and understand. I used to cut myself, but I've never cut or nick my veins. What's beautiful about this, your poem is because your honest and you put yourself and vulnerability in it. It's filled with emotion and just you. You are a talented and beautiful and great and wonderful person and writer, filled with greatness and beauty and light and talent; and so much more, which 'tis true. Thank you so much, my friend for sharing this. It means a lot. Stay strong, my friend. :)

ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

Oh I get it, I myself have this anxiety-ish problem that I've  had since birth, I get these random impulses to claw & pick at things, which usually ends up being my own skin, since it's maluble & easy to get between your fingernails. but I just hate the idea of vain cutting since I have really wide vains, & when I get accidentally cut along a vain I tend to bleed alot, it's not the blood that scares me, it just feels really weird...

azurelove GOLD said...
azurelove GOLD, Columbus, Ohio
i know, but its a form of realese for me its hard to eplain...

-Ansem_Unlimited

ehhh. this poem is good, but it's just the topic that bugs me, the thought of self afliction in this nature, especially cutting vains gives me the major heeby jeebies *shudders*