Cheesecake Factory Review | Teen Ink

Cheesecake Factory Review

By sades26 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
sades26 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

“I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.” - Melody Truong

It may only seem like a place to get cheesecake or a place that has huge portions and a large wait time, but the Cheesecake Factory is much more than that! The mouth watering quality of the food makes every visit there well worth it.  I make sure to go there every year for my birthday and for other big events, and it never disappoints.

The Cheesecake Factory is an american restaurant and distributor of over thirty legendary flavors of cheesecake ranging from salted caramel, to fresh strawberry, and tuxedo chocolate. When I first experienced the restaurant, the castle like features of the building didn’t fail to create an inviting entrance.  As I walked in, there were romantic, dim lights bathing in a rich yellow, eye catching ceilings, and beautiful pillars surrounding me creating the perfect atmosphere. My family and I walked up to the host stand and a lady immediately put our names in. We waited about thirty minutes before she called our names and efficiently showed us to our table.  A thirty minute wait wasn’t bad for a typical Thursday night at 5:30.

Right when we sat down, we were greeted by our friendly waiter for the night who smiled and enthusiastically handed us the grandiose menu of twenty pages.  He explained the special which was chicken samosas; crispy wrappers filled with spicy chicken and served with cilantro dipping sauce. I ordered a raspberry lemonade and was amazed when I saw the glass rim was sugar coated.  I was even more astonished when I tasted the sweet yet tart beverage. Along with the drinks, our waiter brought us the restaurant’s famous array of bread and butter and took our orders. Careful not to spoil my appetite, I indulged on a couple of pieces of bread.  There is nothing like a warm slice of sweet brown or white bread slathered with perfectly whipped butter. How could I resist?

I am a picky eater and yet I am comfortable trying something new here each time I go because I have never been disappointed with any of the meals.  The extensive menu makes it difficult to pick just one thing to eat as everything described looks to die for. Chicken potstickers live alongside fried calamari. You can get your Diane steak paired with rich mushroom wine sauce or tangy lemon sauce. If you order arugula flatbread pizza, your table mate could share meals with you after ordering the pasta da vinci. The food defies definition and instead emphasizes consistency. The menu is perfect for families with divergent tastes as there is something for everyone.

One of my immediate favorite meals is the parmesan herb crusted chicken with creamy mashed potatoes and flavorful green beans. The chicken is sauteed to a crisp with rich tasting parmesan garlic breadcrumbs and herbs.  The mashed potatoes melt in your mouth and the green beans are crunchy and delicious. Each bite is better than the last as the foods compliment each other well to create an extremely heavenly meal.

One of my only regrets after my visits to the Cheesecake Factory is sleepwalking back to the car in a food coma- as the portions are huge.  One meal is guaranteed to be lunch for the next day, and the slice of cheesecake you of course purchase is more than likely taken to go. The downfalls are very minimal; however, one that is very inconvenient is the frequent long wait because you can’t make reservations.  In addition, some people might complain that the meal prices are slightly high sitting at an average of $18, but considering each is made from scratch with fresh ingredients I would say the prices are fair.

Nevertheless, the Cheesecake Factory is and always has been my go to restaurant.  The unbelievable flavors linger in my mouth for days after each visit making me long to go back.  I highly recommend going there; you won’t be disappointed.