Serial Season 1 | Teen Ink

Serial Season 1

By Jenn_ifer18 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jenn_ifer18 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

A podcast is a throwback to early 20th century radio shows. It is sort of like internet radio which can be both only audio and audio with video. They are on demand and can be listened to on your own schedule. Podcast typically focus on a specific subject much like serial it is a true crime podcast. You can find almost every topic that comes to mind and that is what is so special about it. There is something for everyone. Another thing about podcasts is that they are global, as long as you know the name of the podcast and have a way of listening to it you can listen in any country.

A podcast based on the murder of Hae Min lee a girl from Baltimore, Maryland. Adnan syed was convicted of killing Hae. Jay Wilds, the middle man supposedly helped adnan dispose of the body. I’m Baffled at the fact that jay was not convicted of anything considering he confessed in being an accomplice. If you enjoy true crime and making you own conclusions based on evidence serial is the perfect podcast to unleash your inner detective.

The day of January 13th 1999 in Baltimore high school senior Hae Min Lee went missing after school. A month later her body in discovered in lincoln park. Adnan her ex boyfriend is arrested and charged only a year later for her murder. Jay the middle man and  Adnan's friend testifies against adnan and admits to helping him burry haes body. Sarah Koenig embarks on a journey to uncover the truth and puts their stories to the test. Following phone calls, to driving the route given by jay the day of the murder. Jay's girlfriend Stephanie has a lot of interesting things in her interview, I feel as if she knows something because she believes adnan did it, and she had see him and been around him the day of the murder when he gifted her a stuffed animal for her birthday.

No piece of evidence ties Adnan to the murder of Hae, yet he is convicted anyway, listen to find out why even if you only want to better understand the man behind bars. I'll tell you about who he was in the eyes of society. Adnan Syed a Muslim-American man growing up in Baltimore. This contains a much more deeper meaning than any other true crime podcast or TV shows it is all about memory.

We listened to this podcast for our engish class and at first I kind of decided on my own without even listening to it that I would not like it. I was so surpirised at how wrong I was.